Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

I just wanted to give a shout out to My dad for being an awesome father! He has always been such an amazing support to me throughout my whole life in everything I do from school to sports to jobs to photography, etc etc. He always worked so hard to support me and my sisters and mom physically and financially, he wanted us to be able to try out our strengths and discover things for ourselves and not be limited because of money or work, he wanted us to experience life and have fun doing it! But more than that he was always my emotional support and encouragement! He was always so busy, but he would always drop what he was doing at that moment and come in and talk to me and listen to what was going on in my life and offer whatever advice and insights he could, and I know that time he spent on me often came at a heavy price to him, such as another sleepless night getting the work done that he had set aside for me. He always knows what to say and makes me want to do my best and be better, but without ever making me feel like I'm not absolutely perfect right now. I love his testimony and knowledge of the gospel; I have seen the way it has changed his life and his quiet example of living his testimony has strengthened mine and blessed our family in so many ways! He is also one of the best story tellers I know! He is so personable and makes anytime a good time with his jokes and knack for adventure and getting lost. He has always been so good about taking us along on his adventures and teaching us to be hard working, self reliant, and to have fun doing whatever it is you are doing. I love our camping trips, hikes, climbing outings, target shooting sessions, etc etc.

Dad, thank you for everything!! I really don't know how to express how very much you mean to me and how much I love you and look up to you. You have taught me so much and are so much a reason of who I am today. Thank you!!

To the other father in our family, and my brother in law, Alma, I am so glad you are a part of our family!! You have added to its completeness, and I always have so much fun with you!!! You are an amazing person!! I learn so much from you everytime I am with you, you make me feel like I am the most important person in the world when you are with me. You remind me so much of my dad, you are quite the handyman, and I can always count on a fun time and some adventures when I'm with you, whether its flying a kite, going on a hike and sledding down a mountain, or just wrestling with a dryer sheet!! I love the way you love my sister and nephew, and the way you treat and interact with them. You are also a gospel stud! I love listening to you teach the gospel and lead discussions; you are going to be an amazing teacher!!! Thanks for being such a good brother and friend! You sure set the standard high for my future husband, but I wouldn't have it any other way, you are the greatest!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I could possibly post a comment that comes close to expressing my thanks and love. You are still the toughest kid I know and I admire you and love you imensly. You, your sisters (and Fam) and Mom are the GREATEST! You make life worth living!!

alma and nicole smith said...

thank you so much for that post monique. i feel the same way about dad and alma, but you put it better than i could have. we are so blessed to have such great men in our lives! i love you!