Monday, July 20, 2009

What's the Buzz

So my roommates put Jedi-braides in their hair last week (when you wrap friendship bracelet thread around a piece of your hair) and it was rubbing on their necks and giving them a weird reaction... so they cut them out a few days ago. I asked one if the wanted help and she replied "no, its pretty easy, you just cut a piece and it comes right off". Well yesterday she found that piece of hair is now about 3 inches shorter than the rest of her hair lol. no wonder it was so easy to get it out... But this triggered a memory from my youth, so come on a stroll down memory lane with me: when I was younger (maybe around 12 or 13?) I had some baby hair that wouldn't reach my pony tail... but it was a section in the middle of my neck and it was about two inches long and looked exactly like a china tail.. ya attractive i know. My sister Nicole is actually the one who noticed and pointed this fact out to me through fits of laughter and asking if I had cut it to be there. (pretty sure she also tried to convince me to braid it once...) So after some time of constant teasing from her, she had a genius idea. You see she had just cut her hair very short and so she shaved her neck so the line would be straight at the bottom... so she was like "why don't we just shave it off?" my reply? "ya ok" so she did. and she would just do it every time she did hers... (why i didn't just bobby pin it up? I have absolutely no idea....) but then she wasn't home one time and it was starting to get kind of long... so i decided to just do it myself in the double facing mirror in our jack and jill bathroom.... ya that went well. I went a little too high and was left with a buzzed circle at the base of my skull. real cute. that was the last day I shaved anything above my shoulders. And I am happy to report that since then that piece of baby hair has made a full recovery and is now the length of the rest of my hair and fits quite nicely into my ponytail.

1 comment:

alma and nicole smith said...

monique! i was dying laughing at this post!!! hahaha. the reason you didn't bobby pin it up is because it was like partly attached to your neck...i was so weird! i had no idea you tried to shave it yourself, hahaha! you crack me up! i'm happy to hear it's made a full recovery :) i'm so stinkin excited to see you in a couple weeks!!!! you should post more often, you're hilarious!