Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Below Freezing

Today there was no hot water when I was taking a shower. I was so cold I was completely white (well whiter than normal) as in if I didn't have my contacts in I wouldn't have been able to tell what was my foot and what was the tub! - all the blood had left my appendages to keep my heart, and other organs warm and functioning long enough to get me through washing my hair. And so of course I stood at the very end of the tub trying to avoid the stream of ice falling on me and only dashing in for a quick rinse after shampoo, conditioner and soap. And that's when it hit me:

I have the solution to the problem of the world's depleting source of fresh water! Ready?! Get rid of water heaters! (or as most people call them "hot water heaters" but really why would you want to heat water that is already hot?) Seriously though people- take this proposal to your senators!- because it would totally solve the problem! People would only take 3-4 minute showers, and even then probably only every other day because it is just too miserable and painful to be in there any longer when its warmer standing on the cold bathroom tile than being in the shower. So there you have it, it really is that simple.

And while we're at it, I bet we could curb the obesity epidemic as well, because really the only time a cold shower feels good is after a nice sweaty workout.

2 comments:

Preston and Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preston and Angie said...

That was deep Monique. I would probably only shower once a week! I hate cold showers!! :) hehe. So, you're probably on to something ...