Friday, June 8, 2012

Cotton Anniversary

Our anniversary this year was in the midst of all sorts of things: Dima going out of town for training and Stake Conference the weekend before; and moving out/in to our new apartment the weekend after; and a slew of things going on during the actual day/week. But, Dima was still able to plan an amazing celebration even with the busy schedules.

When we got engaged, Dima told me our good friends had extra tickets to a symphony in Salt Lake and asked if I wanted to go. I immediately said yes, and was sooooooo excited!!!! I'd never really been to a symphony before, and I just LOVE string instruments! So we went to Salt Lake to meet our friends but they were "running late" so we went to memory grove park to walk around while we waited. That is where he proposed to me, and then we took a carriage ride around downtown and went to dinner. Needless to say there was no symphony that night. Which, if I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely choose getting engaged! However, that means I still have never been to a symphony. So this year, that's where Dima took me! We went to a wonderful dinner and then saw the Utah Symphony at Abravanel Hall, and had amazing seats!!  (And, the conductor was awesome - I've never seen anyone get that into conducting! I'm pretty sure he lost a few pounds during that concert...)

Pretty much, I was in heaven, an evening listening to angelic music with my cute hubby by my side and a delicious chocolate oreo shake in my belly! I'd say the husband did pretty well! Thanks again Dima!

So apparently we didn't get any pictures of each other or the artists, we were enjoying it too much. But we did get a picture of the cool statue in the building made of glass:


No comments: