Friday, February 22, 2008

Golden Birthday!!!

I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm a mature and sophisticated young adult now. lol, so how did we celebrate? We had a space part of course! :) I woke up for work, and saw that my roommates had decorated the apartment for me by putting tin foil over one of the walls, and attaching sticky notes, balloons and signs to it to make it look like buttons and knobs, They drew each planet on its own plate (complete with a fact on the back about that planet, such as If Earth had a twin it would be Venus; or Pluto is a dwarf planet lol, those are my two favorites... Thanks Becky for letting me tap into your well of knowledge!!) The hung the planets on the fan blades in order so it was like they were in orbit. They had glow in the dark stars on a wall, a control station, and green cellophane like a portal as you go into the kitchen. So after work (where I received a candy bar) I came home and opened a package my mom sent up for me, and it had a cook book!!! a yellow shirt (the one I'm wearing in the pictures) some mascara, lotion, candy and gum!!!! That sustained me through the rest of the long long day, and when I got home around 5:30 I went with Becky to the Sprint store to fix her broken phone, got lots of birthday calls and then we went home and Kendis had gotten California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, and then we made space helmets!!! Followed by some fabulous presents (wrapped in newspapers with pictures of things like an alien on a stretcher) I got a snow globe egg, a pokemon kite, a frizbee, "brass knuckles" that say GAME on them in fake diamonds hahaha, a pink duck that tells me when the bath is too hot, a movie "Teenagers in outerspace" and "Battle of the Worlds" (I've yet to watch them, but they sure look exhilarating!!) and a dog purse w/ leapord print on the inside, and you can wear the collar as a hair tie!!! woo lol Then Kendis and I painted our nails, I did a dark purple and she did Barbie pink lol, then we tried to splatter then w/ a different color (mine white, hers black) it seriously got all over! it took me like 20 mins to get it all off my hands and arm! lol and Kendis had a little too much flick in her wrist and she got some in her eye!!! she drops the brush and falls to the floor screaming "My eye! Oh oww!" (but laughing at the same time) "I'm serious its in my eye! ahh! ohh!! gahh!!" lol So she runs to the bathroom and washes it off, and then has mascara all down her face, and Becky was like "man, how much paint did you get in there?!" lol- she didnt know it was the make up, well i think she did, and was just being funny. Anyway, after than we did back massages and it was a glorious way to end a fabulous birthday!!!

2 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

yeay monique...happy space birthday :) thanks for posting what you did...ive been curious. i've wanted to call you, but i have 2 sickies on my hands this weekend that are keeping me busy. cross you fingers i don't get sick too!! love you. ps. where are the pictures??

Meridith said...

Monique! I love you, babe. I'm so glad you had an awesome birthday. You guys are so creative. Next time I have a party, I'm calling you. ;)