Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe One of Five


So I'm getting an early start to my list this year, and last night I tried my first of 5 new recipes. I usually don't branch out much from the traditional chicken or beef-based dinners, so I thought I would try one of my favorite soups while it is still wintery weather: French Onion Soup! Yum! I thought it would be really hard since I always saw it as a gourmet dish you could only get at restaurants, but it turned out to be super easy! I used this recipe as a basic guide, and made a few changes: I only used about 1 onion, and used all broth instead of half water, half broth, substituted apple juice for the wine, and added a hint of Thyme. yummmy! It was a good change from the regular grind, and filled in all the cracks.
picture from here

And, I think I just found recipe 2 and 3! I'll let you know how they turn out...
If you have any favorites recipes you think I should try feel free to leave them in the comments!! Any and all ideas are appreciated!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

This is one of my favorite sites for finding new and yummy recipes. I have found things like stuffed peppers, soups, and stuffed shells here and they are some of my new favorites! http://simplyrecipes.com/
Also found a great lasagna recipe here: http://mylasagnarecipe.com/

Kim said...

That last comment was from me, but I was signed in under a different email...sorry!