Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ambitions: reporting 23, and divulging 24



Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already! Well here's the final word on this past year's list of ambitions:

KEY: (don't know why but it won't let me do strikethrough text, or change font colors... so I had to get creative on how to classify them. Sorry if its confusing!)
*=Completed!!
!=Close or 1/2 way
...=Worked on/attempted
Nothing= Goal not met in any form

*1. Move: Moved up to SLC to start grown-up life.
2. Hike Mt Timp
3. Attend the Sundance Film Festival
*4 Make Flower clips: Made them with the sisters and Mazsha
!5. Host a party: It was a basketball party, but it was just me and DIma, so I'm not sure if that counts or not... it had some of the elements I had in mind when planning the goal: decorations, outfit for the theme, food... it was just missing the guests.
!6. Attend the Temple 2x/mo.: Short by just a couple of visits...
*7. Try out Zumba: I go every Thursday during my lunch break. Not a great workout, but its nice to get out of the office and move a little bit.
!8. Run a race: Didn't run... but I'm signed up for one, so that kind of counts right?
*9. Meet my new nephew: and what a happy little cutie he is!!!
*10. Read 5 books for fun: they weren't new books, but it was fun! Harry Potter will never get old.
*11. Cook 5 new recipes: Olyvie, French Onion Soup, Variniki, Chicken and Gnocchi Soup, and Sole.
12. Make a quilt
*13. Take a vacation: Vegas!
*14. Finish the Photo Wall project: Finally!!!! And soooo glad we did!! It adds so much to the room!
*15. Edit and print our wedding photos: Finally made our wedding album, only a year and a half later... but it turned out great, and it was fun to be editing and building albums again!
16. Attend a Monster Truck Rally
**17. Attend an NBA game: double check!! Jazz vs Clippers and Jazz vs. Thunder
18. Go to Zions
19. Secret Service Project
*20. Have 6 couples over for dinner: I'm not sure if it was 6 or not, but I think it was
...21. Continue to earn Russian: this one gets an "attempted"; i'm learning a little more, but haven't been studying as much as I should have.
* 22. Find 2 new hair-do's
23. Make a rice sock

And here's the new list:
1. Ride a train! (a real passenger train, with compartments and a trolly lady and everything!)
2. Sleep in a hostel
3. Hike Timp (been a goal since I moved here... it has to happen sometime- hopefully this is the year!)
4. Make a new friend (all my besties keep moving away!)
5. Get a new hairstyle
6. Make yoga/workout/lounge shorts
7. Plan a date at least 1x/month
8. Make some kind of "art" (and I do use that term loosely)
9. Find a headboard
10. Attend the temple 2x/mo (I like that one)
11. Visit the Salt Flats
12. Make a home-video
13. Take more pictures (adventures, and the everyday)
14. Read "Daughters In My Kingdom"
15. Read a conference talk each Sunday
16. Work on my family history
17. Make something
18. Cook 3 new recipes
19. Call an old friend 1/mo to catch up
20. Try a new food
21. Get through our pile of clothes that need to be altered/fixed
22. Be festive for holidays
23. Go to a symphony/opera/theater
24. Learn more Russian (baby steps dear friends... it's all about the baby steps)

1 comment:

alma and nicole smith said...

good for you shmo. i wish we lived by each other so we could do these things together! i want to know what the new hairdo's were? i need help over here...only 8 more months of long hair!