Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ahh, the old panty hose vending machines! Classics! lol. I had forgotten all about these until I was home over Christmas and dad was moving out of the storage unit... I went to help him and lo and behold, the machines in all their glory! lol. I remember going with my mom into various businesses and strip malls to get change, restock, or fix the broken or jammed machine (no doubt customers tried to reach in and grab many pair of these fantastically thick, itchy, stretchy skin coverers! and broke it in their attempt!) I didn't really understand what they were back then... but many years later I came to know them and their purposes when I'd go to the garage to grab a pair for my sister, my mom or myself before church. It saved many razor heads, seeing as how we wouldn't have to shave -- just cover it up!!! (this only worked to a certain extent though.. if you went too long w/o shaving, your hair would simply stick out through the tights and you'd earn yourself the nickname porcupine for the day... at least in my mind... ahahahah). Needless to say it was a happy moment to see these givers of concealment again! My dad is looking to sell the collection on ebay (a great investment might I add to all those readers out there) so I took some pictures of the collection. And if no one buys them, well.... they'll make great white elephant gifts for years to come! :)Man I forgot how colorful they are! truly a treat for the leg and the eye!


We also have candy dispensers!

1 comment:

alma and nicole smith said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! oh man, i remember those things. monique, you make me laugh...that was really funny. i totally forgot we did candy too! wow.