Saturday, January 28, 2012

Game Day



This past weekend when we were going over our upcoming schedules and planning the week ahead, Dima mentioned there was an NBA game Friday between the Miami Heat and New York Knicks that he really wanted to see. That woke up the little hamsters in my brain and got them turning the wheels. They should get a big piece of cheese as a reward for running and spinning those wheels, because this was the result:

I got together some good game day food (pizza, chips and salsa, veggie tray, soda, etc.) for the event, because really what is a game without food!?! (or any event/activity for that matter!) and then texted him while he was at work and asked him what team he wanted to cheer for. He said the Knicks, so I decided I would cheer for the Heat - a little friendly competition always makes the game more interesting :)

So armed with that information, I started scheming, riffling, and crafting. I put together outfits for each of us to wear that were our team colors, and then pinned our team logo on the shirt to get us in the spirit (our printer was out, so I just traced and colored it).


(Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks; Monique vs. Dimitriy; winner, loser!)

Then I covered a can with each of our team's colors/logos on it, and got $3.00 in pennies. Throughout the game we got to put a penny in our jar for each point that our team scored, that kept the team spirit and excitement up, and the trash talking fresh :) Whoever's team ended up winning, would get to take the pennies and buy a treat: something from the dollar store, a candy bar, shake, some kind of fruit, etc. Really, anything that could be found for the price of your "points". During the second half we decided that each dunk should earn our team an extra penny. :)


It turned out to be so fun! (and not just because my team won...) :) Pretty sure if you asked him, that would Dima's best/favorite date. At the end he even suggested that we keep the team logos for "next time". :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Lee said...

Okay, pretty sure you are the most creative person ever! What a cute idea. I especially love the pennies idea! We miss you!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Mo, you are so creative! What a fun idea! Lookin like you are keeping your marriage fun :) I dont expect anything else from you, my dear.