Thursday, July 8, 2010

It Is Finished



I GRADUATED!!!!! and it felt good! I went to the commencement and ceremony because that's what you do, and I figured, why not? I'll be here anyway. And I am so glad I did, because this really is a huge accomplishment. This is what I have been doing for the last 4 years of my life, and it has occupied most of my time, stress, and brain space. I graduated with a B.S. in Public Health, with an emphasis in health promotion. The commencement programs were just perfect, the speakers were all just the right length and very appropriate, and it gave me closure and a chance to reflect on my overall experience, and how I've changed and grown since I came here as a little freshman, and what my goals and dreams are from here. The only disappointment was that they had you turn your tassel to the other side when you are in the tunnel lined up to walk across the stage... talk about anti-climatic.. there you are, by yourself, with no one watching, no synchronization... just a woman running up and down the line shouting in forceful whispers to turn your tassel. Lame.
My family was great, I had so much support and people traveled so far to come watch me march across the stage (and yes, it was very hard not to bust a dance move up there). So thanks everyone! Here are some pictures from the big day!

Meet Kristen. She is one of my favorite people in the major, actually, world. She is awesome, one of my favorite people to work with because she is fun and laid back, but totally reliable and gets things done and done well!!! So here we are waiting in line to go into the Marriot and enjoying being done.

Oh happy day! This is us after the first day where the main speaker congratulates all BYU grads together. The next day we split up into our specific colleges and they had speakers from our majors, and that's when we got our diplomas.

This is Audrey, she is another of my favorites from the major, but more than that we have been very good friends since elementary school and were roommates for a semester. We are pretty much the same person.... same major, same hobbies and interests, and got engaged and married pretty much at the same time too. Love you girl! (Also, our commencement was at 7 in the morning... so thus the "I just rolled out of bed and landed in this big poncho and ran across campus to be here" look).

Here is my sweet family that came in from all over to support me: Nicole and little Vienna (Alma's taking the picture and jagger's somewhere...) up from Vegas, my grandparents from Salt Lake, my fiance, and mom and dad from Texas.

Here it is: THE MOMENT!!!! The few seconds that equal the entire reason for coming. Walking across the stage to be recognized and receive my diploma (well the diploma case actually... the actual diploma doesn't come until a month later in the mail).

There I am, first row of the bleachers, second person in just after my big debut.

Meeting up with the family trying to get out of the Marriott Center.

Check out how crazy this place is! "Everybody, up and rush the door. Push and shove, this is the last plane out of 'Nam"

My supporters:

Hahaha, I love this picture, my dad is almost more excited than I am!!!




YAY!!!! I DID IT!!!!



No comments: