Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Man

So, I have been very negligent in blogging lately, and a lot of that has to do with my new distraction in life: Dimitriy. He came along and swept me off my feet and we've been spending pretty much all our time together since our first date. We dated for nearly a year and liked it so much we thought we'd seal the deal. We got married May 22, 2010 (posting upcoming) in Salt Lake City. And because he's pretty much a permanent part of my life at this point, I'd like to introduce you to my love and fill you in on some of what we've been up to this last year: (sorry they are in reverse order...)

We saw Avatar in 3-D, and we loved it!

Christmas with my Family in Texas: Gingerbread house/castle - I think I won that competition :)

Sledding!!!! and maybe some tackling ...

Bicycle built for two? Yes please! -- So I have always wanted to do this, so when we were in Idaho visiting Lici we rented one and took this baby for a spin... check out the pure joy on my face.

Floating the Provo River!! I have also always wanted to do this, and Dima made my dream come true! It was cold and rocky, but the view was beautiful, and we were the only ones out there! -- well minus the clepto that stole Dima's shoes...

A little Vegas Vacation. It wouldn't be complete without an In n Out stop

Shooting in Vegas with Dad and Lici. This was Dima's target... It may look like mine the way I'm pointing at it all excitedly... but alas, it is not.

Hike in Mt. Charleston that morning. I love this picture.

Dima took me to the All-Star game in Salt Lake. It was so fun! and we got these sweet public health sweat bands that say "Real Fans Buckle Up" -- for the Real soccer team. Public health workers are just so witty and clever.

We painted cereal bowls for each other. I painted a robot in his because he calls me robot sometimes, and I like them... a lot. :) (for a case and point check out our halloween costumes)

Salt Lake Bees game! This is one of our first pictures together, and its still one of my favorites.


3 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

yeay for updates!!! love you two. so fun to see your pre-marital journey in some pics :) oh, and i am in love w that tandem bike pic...love your face, yours too monique :)

carolyn said...

I'm so glad to see you again. I had given up checking your blog. I love how you express yourself. The pictures of you two are so darling. You both look soooo happy. Again welcome to the family Dimitriy!!!

Mom

Katie said...

you two are SO cute. i love the cereal bowls! me and j might have to do that. so fun!