Sunday, January 6, 2008

6 things

I got tagged from my sister Nicole...even though she has not done this tag herself. Basically I am supposed to write 6 things people don't know about me. So here it goes:

1. I single hiccup. Usually after I eat, but sometimes in the middle of class, in the library, or whenever.. there's no controlling when they strike! They aren't too loud or noticeable unless I get caught off guard and my mouth is open... then they echo and cause everyone's head to turn at a sound that resembles a strangled hampster squeaking for air.

2. I have a rib in my shoulder. No explanation.

3. I get "complicated migraines". That's what the doctor has labeled them as. Symptoms include going numb, going blind, and doing and saying absolutely crazy things. For instance: When they start coming on, I cannot do simple things like addition, dial a phone number, remember words, or read instructions on the back of my medicine bottle. I try to pull it off like everything is okay, but end up doing ridiculous things that's cannot hide it. One night I went upstairs and took my contacts out. Instead of pouring solution into my case over my contacts, I grabbed the toothpaste and squirted away. My sister Alicia was staring at me and cried, "Monique!! What are you doing?!!!" All I could say was, "oh, oops" and started laughing. That was that. Then I went to go to bed and told my mom I needed my armor on. My mom and Alicia knew by this point I was having one of my 'Migraine Moments.' I meant to tell them I needed my alarm on. So if I'm ever around you and am just not making sense, we'll call it a complicated migraine whether it is actually one or not. :)

4. At work I use a vacuum that has a face and named him Eugene. However, with about 3 weeks left in the semester he had a heart attack. I came to work and he just wouldn't turn on. I think he was as sick of waking up early as I was! Unfortunately I still had to go and just use a replacement while Eugene was in the hospital. Come to find out, his motor blew and they have to get a new one. Poor Eugene... get well soon!!

5. I walk pigeon-toed in high heels

6. I stuck my fingers in a light socket when I was about two... so if there's something a little off about me, now you know.

2 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

oh monique! those are hillarious! you should add your purple panties story on there :) hehe. thanks for blogging! but i cannot be satisfied...i need more!!!! post some pics of you and crazy becky :)

alma and nicole smith said...

Monique! Those were the best top 6 I have heard. You should have been more careful though, next time we wrestle I'm going after your wires rib.
Alma