Thursday, January 24, 2008

EFY interview

So I decided to apply to be an efy counselor over the summer, and had my interview a few weeks ago. Lets just say I don't think it went to hott :). So first off it's a group interview which makes everything 10x more nerve racking because now you not only sound stupid and inexperienced in front of the interviewers, but you are comparing yourself to the other applicants the whole time, hoping for their failure so you don't look half as bad! lol - ya that's a good process, I mean that's what efy is all about anyway, putting others down to boost yourself up right? It's right up there with stripping away your self-confidence and looking to others for acceptance. sheesh! lol Well, anyhow, the interview consisted of 9 people, and 2 interviewers, and we introduced ourselves (name, home state, what we are doing - ie school job etc- why we want to be a counselor - the money? No, actually I just like to scream and get no sleep- and where we want to do our sessions) then they asked us two questions each... yup your entire summer hangs on these two questions... no pressure! you'll do great! :) So one of them was a scenario question that one of your kids could ask you. Mine was "So there is a cafe down the street from my school and they play music there, and stuff, so my friends and I go there after school, and all my friends drink coffee, but I just get decaf, is that okay?" I mean what do you say to that?? Then the second question went even better! I actually forgot the question as I was answering it!!! hahaha So needless to say I just rambled on until I remembered the question and hoped that it all combined into a suitable answer. lol. There is an up side to all this however, my friends from Idaho came down because they interviewed as well, so I got to play with them all weekend!!!

2 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

haha, let me know if you get the job!! :)

John said...

So do you happen to know much about being a health counselor at EFY? I am thinking about doing it this summer but I have some questions. Do you know anyone I can talk to?