Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas Break!!!

So I know it was a LONG time ago, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to write about the two glorious weeks known as Christmas Break! Oh man, it was a beautiful thing. I got out of school on the 20th, and rode home with Nicole, Alma, and Jagger. That was fun, Alma and I talked, rocked out, and demolished the puppy chow mix I made while Nicole and Jagger slept in the back.

If I had to choose three words to describe my vacation the would be: sleep, eat, friends/family. Or in one word: HAPPINESS!! I pretty much slept over 8-9 hours every night, and ate like I would never see, smell or taste food again, and got to see and catch up with my family and High school friends. So the few days leading up to Christmas included shopping, eating, movies, wrestling (and slaughtering) Alma! :) We also had some great devotionals and conversations about Christ and this special season. Christmas Eve we had a music program that went through the Christmas story and had a delectable ham and funeral potato dinner followed by some games. Christmas day started with Sweet Rolls!!!! then on to presents, followed by more sweet rolls then some soccer to make room for yet more sweet rolls. Soccer in the backyard was so fun, yet so hard!!! I think the sweet rolls were taking over every major functioning organ of my body, I couldn't breath, my blood was pumping a million miles a minute, and my legs were tuckered! then we hit the five-minute mark! :) It wasn't quite that bad, but boy it really was! We were sliding all over the grass and tripping on the 1/2 inflated ball, etc. it was great. Nicole was kicking some trash out there, (along with punching some face and pulling some clothes.. I never said she played fair, just well! )


















The next day we got to talk to Alicia, and that was so fun! She was a little tired... okay a lot tired, but she is still her same old self!!! She seemed to have the language down very well and was excited and ready for her actual mission to begin! I know she's going to be awesome!!!!

It was so fun to see my friends as well. I went on a "father-daughter bonding dinner" w/ Dirk, Audrey, Claire, Fernando, Donally, and some others. We went to Cafe BaBa Reeba... oh mamma it was delicious!!!

I also ran in the first annual Alumni Cross Country race at Centennial!!! lol that was a brilliant idea, lets get a bunch of fat, out of shape people, who used to run, and make them run 3 miles!! haha... no it really was so fun though... and it served its purpose.. it has shamed me back into shape! Next year, I'll get em! :)

Nikki, Durkin, D, Alex and I continued the tradition of a Chilies night!!


Me and my girls!! Half of them anyway... at Laurel's Lunch!

Other activities included soccer w/ Dirk and Audrey Saturday morning, bowling with Cat, Court, and others, running w/ Nikki and Durkin, chill fests w/ Kristin, Alex, Erin, and Kelly, and oh so much more!!!
I love Break!! I love Christmas!! I love family and friends!!! I love Home!!!!!!!

1 comment:

alma and nicole smith said...

Slaughtered... Pa lease!

Alma