Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Promotion

Good news today. So, I believe that I have already spoken about my job and all that it entails (including getting up at 4 in the morning). Today something wonderful happened. My boss, or supervisor as I like to refer to him, asked me to be the head student next semester! Now, the seemingly trivial title of my new position may throw you off, but let me explain my new role. Basically, I am the boss if the real bosses are gone. If both of them happen to get sick or something on the same day, then it is up to me to ensure that the whole building gets clean, otherwise, who knows what might happen? Things would revert back to a state of nature idea, where there was no government and as political philolosopher Thomas Hobbes put it, life would be "solitary, nasty, brutish, and short." As the head student, I will make sure that that does not occur. I don't mean to make light of my promotion, it is actually really exciting. It just shows that I am the most responsible, most puncutal, hardest working, nicest, and most beautiful out of all my coworkers, which I have firmly believed all along. Now I just have to wait until my supervisors are gone in order to exercise my new powers.

No comments: