Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkins and Masquerade

We started our Halloween Festivities off by carving pumpkins with our good friends Cameron and Stephanie last weekend. Cameron and Stephanie carved a treble clef, and it turned out amazing!!!!

Dimitriy carved Jack from A Nightmare Before Christmas, and it looks like the real thing. What's more? THIS WAS HIS FIRST TIME!!!!!

Me? I made a duck. No, I am not artistic. I think it took me longer to cut the hole in the top than it did to carve the little duckie haha. But in all fairness, I am pretty new to this too, and I did waves on the sides... :)
We had lots of fun, and I think we are going to make this a tradition and have a contest every year. I already know what I am doing next time. And its going to be good! (I have to make up for this years!:)

Our Festivities continued last night with a MASQUERADE!!!
I was so stinkin excited!!! All day I was so hyper and counting down the time until we could go. My dear friend Brenna heard I was going and dropped over her beautiful mask for me to wear that night! Thanks again, it was perfect!!! So naturally I took this picture in it and emailed it to Dimitriy to get him excited for the event.
hahahaha, I can't stop laughing everytime I look at this picture. It just scared Dimitriy. :)

The party was amazing!!! It was so festive and classy! They had spray painted a bunch of pumpkins gold and had them on tables covered in black lace with gold sparkles and black candle holders. They had black chinese lanterns of all different sizes and shapes hanging in clusters from the ceiling and 2 food tables along the walls. Then over the dance floor they had white lanterns and big bulbed strings of lights.
They had a live DJ and photographers there taking pictures of the event (plus a little set where you could take couples pictures). Of course "Low" came on, and all we could do was think of this video, and dance it out like that little boy! It was so fun, and nothing like I've ever been to before, I'm so glad we ended up going and dancing the night away!!! (I need to do this more.. I'm forgetting all my moves!! So if anyone ever feels like going dancing, let us know!!)

Left: Jordan, Tanner, and Taylor. Right: Kendis and I


4 comments:

Kayla said...

That last picture caught me off guard ha ha. Very, very nice. I'm envious of your masquerade rendez-vous!

Unknown said...

looks so fun!!

alma and nicole smith said...

haha, im glad you had fun. is that a batman mask dima is wearing? :) i was looking forward to seeing your homemade mask, but that one is pretty sweet. glad to see you got use out of the bridesmaid dress cuz you know i cant right now :)

Brenna Perry said...

ahhh the mask looks amazing and so do the two of you! so glad you had fun!!