Friday, October 29, 2010

Snap Shots

When I was uploading pictures from the masquerade last night, I realized there were pictures from a long time ago that I never uploaded nor posted about. For example: this is my hott husband on his first day of school, with the basketball we just bought with some left over Target (stop at 5:10) credit.

Next, these are our good friends Cameron and Stephanie. We went to the Hispanic festival with them one Friday not really knowing what it was... haha, it took me about 1/2 the time to figure out why every booth was selling different kinds of mexican, peruvian, etc. food and why there were so many hispanics there... I just thought they liked festivals :) It wasn't until we watched the live music (also hispanic w/ hispanic promo adds playing between bands) that I realized. haha.


Other good news: WE SOLD DIMITRIY'S CAR!!!!! We've been meaning to since school started, we really only need one car, and so we didn't even register his, and it was just taking up our parking space. Dimitriy definitely got some good use out of that thing (like taking me out on lots of dates :), and we will miss it, but at least we still have Old Blue.


I finally have most of our apartment decorated!! Still have to finish decorating the bedroom, but the kitchen, bathroom and living room are pretty much all done!!! It took me a long time to decide what I wanted and what our style was going to be, but I'm glad I didn't just rush to get it done, because I genuinely like how it turned out. Especially the curtains, that was the hardest thing to decide on. I ended up getting this fabric shower curtain and cutting it in half, sewing in a back liner, and sewing the opening for the curtain rod. Easy enough, but with my limited sewing skills I was so happy with how they turned out!!!







Next we have our Columbus Day festivities!!!!!! We had a few couples over for FHE to celebrate Columbus Day by having a lesson on 1 Ne 13 then built boats out of stuff we had around the house, then tested them out in our kitchen sink. They all worked!!! :) Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of us with our ships.... sorry. Thanks guys for coming over and celebrating with us!!

The Pinta, Nina, and Santa Maria!!!!
Carol and Aaron's boat, complete with Christopher Columbus himself on the mast, and Captain Jack Sparrow at the bough!
Kenneth and Lindsay's boat, definitely the most patriotic of the three.

Dimitriy and Monique's boat. It looks, simple, but this baby could float for days! - years probably! and we could go anywhere, w/ our lookout and captain steerer man... :)

And that is the end of the forgotten pictures (I need to be better about taking more). But stay tuned for more adventures, they are only starting.

No comments: