Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Check!!!


Remember my list? Well I am happy to report that I can officially scratch off number 2!!! This past weekend I ran the Halloween Half with my sister Alicia who came all the way down from Idaho to run it with me. We had to be at the University Mall before 7 am to catch a bus up past Sundance, and then started the race around 9:00am. There were some awesome costumes!!! One guy was Jack the Skeleton from Nightmare Before Christmas - he had a stripped suit and a huge ball over his head to be the skull! Another guy was the Grim Reaper complete with a full face mask, robes, and a plastic machete. I don't know how they ran in those things... a) HOT b) hard to breathe!! My sister and I were hippies. (I think I am part hippie, you know like instead of being 1/2 Native American, or 1/4 Japanese, or part black... I think I am 1/4 -1/2 hippie. I LOVE tie dye, flowers, peace signs, nature, and I am pretty chill. However, I am not so much into the drugs or "free love", thus only being a 1/4- 1/2.) ANYWAY, the run was awesome!!! I loved the energy at the race, and it really didn't feel that long. I am definitely going to do another one next summer, so if you know of a good race or if you would like to run one or train with me, let me know!!!

haha, when I was drawing the peace sign on Alicia's cheek she started laughing, and the pen slipped... but I think it turned out pretty well all things considered!

When we were waiting in line for the bus I saw my friend Laura that I grew up with and ran a year of cross country with.
I also saw my old roommate and good friend Kendis, or Ninja Kendis :)

We also saw Stephanie and her sisters, and were able to start the race with them, unfortunately, I had already packed my camera away in the truck so I didn't get a picture with her.. but she was a cheetah, and I think the costume worked for her, because she ran great and finished way before we did!! :)
But hey, we did it! and if felt GOOD!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is so awesome that you ran that! Go you! Love the hippie-ness! :)

wsb said...

I did that race last year and it was so fun. And I love that you were hippies.