Friday, November 12, 2010

NBA

Last year was my first real experience with the NBA. Dimitriy and I were dating and slowly I got introduced to the teams, players, and positions. We would be watching a game and I would yell out which player had the ball in order to learn the names. I quickly became a fan of the Boston Celtics for the way they played as a team. Most teams have one hotshot and the rest fall apart without him. But the Celtics all work together and support each other so well there is a fluidity to them you can't get anywhere else. I love the way they know what their teammate is going to do before they even do it; it makes for great plays and a fast-pace game. They also have one of the best transitions I've seen - they are all up attacking the basket, and if the other team gets the ball, the whole teams back on their end of the court defending their basket before that one player can dribble the ball down the court. Not to mention they have my favorite player: Rajon Rondo. Last season was great because my team won the Eastern Conference and went into the most intense, suspenseful and exciting play-offs against the Lakers, and I'm hoping they do it again!
Well this season just started about a month ago, and last night Boston was playing Miami. This was a big game because Miami tried to build a superteam by having "the big three" superstars all play together (LaBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh). - Also, Dimitriy and I are doing "fantasy basketball" where you draft players and make your own team, and you manage it. Then when the players on your team have a game in real life, it follows their stats for the game and then attributes it to your fantasy team. Goal is to get the best stats over any other team (I am currently in first place :) So, Dimitriy has LaBron James on his team, and therefore he was cheering for Miami last night, while I was cheering for Boston (obviously). So naturally I turned it into a rivalry game. I made a small banner to hang over our couch and dressed up in a green shirt, green tube socks, put a clover on my face, and wore a sweatband with the logo upside down (Rondo did this last season, but the NBA said that was disrespectful so he had to wear it right side up or not wear it at all... he doesn't wear one this season.)


It was a fun game, and of course my team played AWESOME!
The game was in Miami and we still won! (Dima's sad face b/c they lost)
WOO Go Celtics!!!


Here are some of our favorite NBA commercials:


1 comment:

Preston and Angie said...

Haha, I love how into this you got! Glad your team won!! :)