Thursday, December 2, 2010

Harry Potter


I too went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 7.1! I dressed up as Professor Trelawney, and took a cup to read tea leaves and determine people's fortunes...
My favorite part was letting my hair do its thing, and that by NOT doing it, I did it :)

Yep... just as I expected... The GRIM!!!! Watch out dear reader, your life is in grave danger.

I went with my old roommates and neighbors. It was so fun to see them and catch up, and of course see their AMAZING costumes:
Left to right: Sarah as Luna Lovegood, Martha as Narcissa Malfoy, Brenton as Harry Potter, Melodie as Bellatrix Lestrange (complete with the dark mark), Me as Professor Trelawney, and Laura (front) as Rita Skeeter.
Our company also included a Doby, Greyback, Hedwig, a wizard dressing as a muggle, and death eaters. It was so fun to see everyones costumes.

I thought the movie was pretty good, the time flew by! and it sets up the next movie really well. There were a few things that bothered me though. Mostly it was that during really dramatic parts, I felt like everything was just downplayed, they didn't give enough emotion to make it real for me. And getting the elder wand was way too easy. But other than that it was great. I LOVED the scenery and the outfits! The cinematography was amazing!! I loved the filters and colors of the film. And of course, I LOVE Hermione, she's gorgeous, has the best outfits, is levelheaded, and extremely talented. If reincarnation turns out to be real, I hope I come back as her in one of my lives. :)

It's going to be so weird when the last part of this movie is released and the Harry Potter journey is over. This series has been a large part of my life, the first book came out when I was in about third grade and was just getting to the point where I was able to read that book by myself and understand it. Over the years we would go to the HP movies over Thanksgiving holidays as a whole family, and each time a new book would come out I'd re-read the series to that point. Even this past summer I re-read the whole series. I love the imagination, creativity, and morals of this book!!! - I can't wait to read them with my kids and have them discover the world of Harry Potter!

2 comments:

Preston and Angie said...

Haha. AWESOME! I wanted to go to the midnight showing so bad, but I didn't really want to ask someone to babysit all night. We saw it the next day though and I loved it! I made the "mistake" of finishing the 7th book again a week before it came out, so I noticed a lot of the stuff they didn't do and, like you said, downplayed. But, all in all it was great! I loved it!

Oh, and you are one good Trelawney!

Jackie Welling said...

AHHH haha Monique that is GENIUS