Thursday, December 2, 2010

Deck the Halls

This is the first year that I have my own home to decorate for Christmas, and that the decorations aren't in boxes tucked away ready for my to open and put up. Usually I live in a house or apt with 5 other girls, and I don't decorate my half of the room I share with one of them; I just got home and enjoy the beautiful ambience my mom has created in our home in Vegas. Well, now I am married (still takes me off guard to say that sometimes) and we have our very own space to transform and create holiday joy. Seeing as we are student (well Dimitriy anyway) newlyweds in a small apartment with not much storage... rather than going out and buying a bunch of figurines and fake holly, that I will only use once a year, I am going to decorate our apartment "Elf" style.
Image from: http://shine.yahoo.com/event/holiday/decorating-ideas-from-our-favorite-christmas-movies-554616

I'm envisioning lots of paper chains and snowflakes, cotton snow, green and white chinese lanterns hanging from the ceiling, silver cds, a snowman made out of white grocery bags, and some hand gathered pine cones. :) Doesn't sound like much, but I think I can do a lot with that. I think I might have to breakdown and go buy a few strands of lights though. I'll post some pictures when I'm done!! Let me know if you want to help me create this "winter wonderland".

No comments: