Thursday, December 2, 2010

Without stepping away from my desk...

My computer is great. It allows me to go anywhere in the world without leaving my desk. I have access to the interned and therefore news, encyclopedias, movies, documentaries, etc. Lets use the Ocean as an example. I can:

watch documentaries about them:
watch an amazing 3 minute clip here

Look at pictures:

Learn facts about marine life (such as these):
-A group of jelly fish is called a smack
-Penguins "fly" underwater at up to 25 miles per hour.
-Green turtles can migrate more than 1,400 miles to lay their eggs
http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_PLANET/HTML/education_marine_life_factsheet.html

And then, I can Virtually go there and swim around with all these little guys I just learned about:
compliments of Photobooth

How awesome is that?! I can turn a day like this and this

into an amazing adventure anywhere in the world!!!! And all this without even getting up from my desk: no money, no packing, no jetlag... just a little imagination :)

Stay tuned for more of my desktime "travels".

No comments: