Friday, December 3, 2010

Scotland

Next on my virtual travels (it was a long shift... I had time for two today), I am off to Scotland! Why Scotland you ask? Why NOT Scotland! - Beautiful countryside, the best accent I've ever heard, bagpipes, don't have to learn another language to communicate, plaid, soccer... what more can you want?! I blame my uncle for my obsession with all things Scottish. My dear uncle Bob is Scottish, and he's one of the coolest people I know, so if he's that cool, the country that he grew up in MUST be cool too. I'm guessing that was my thought pattern when I was younger?
And guess what? - It is!!!

Pictures:


Music:

Fashion:
I LOVE plaid!!! I'm actually wearing a plaid shirt right now... ha


History:
Emerald-hued hillsides and craggy castles dominate this beautifully filmed travel documentary about the history, culture and scenery of the land of bagpipes and brogues -- the country that makes up the northern third of Great Britain. Armchair travelers will visit ancient sites, explore the countryside and tour the country's urban centers to take in the history and heritage of the Scottish clans.
Available now on NetFlix:

Family: Especially my favorite Scotsman.


Someday I will go there for real... I don't think virtual traveling will cut it for this one. But it does get me more ready and excited!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie Welling said...

I wanna go too! Miss you Mo!

Kayla said...

In reference to your recent travels, I thought you might like to drool over Iceland (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/krisatomic/~3/YTrrd1Wilkg/) and some other beautiful pictures from around the world (http://blog.krisatomic.com/?p=692). It's okay if you look at airline tickets for such places...because I have been :). I even seriously contemplated Iceland as a place of retirement ha ha.

Zoe said...

hahaha this is awesome! glad i could help;) i want to go again soon and you and dimitriy should come!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS MAN (Uncle Bob) It is true-I think we have to contribute most of our love to Scotland because of our love for uncle bob. And look how well the Scotsmen age! One day...One day we will go and beat Uncle bob and Ian at mud football!But I am surprised you didn't put up any of our pictures from the Scottish festival- Hurray for Scotland!